Did you know that high quality green tea is produced in Toyota City?
Learn all about Japanese green tea, from the health benefits to the brewing techniques, from Mr. Yoshitaka Noba, one of the highest ranked tea connoisseurs in Aichi, and the owner of a local tea producer, Koukaen.
You can experience grinding the tea leaves in a traditional way using the stone grinder, learn how to make a bowl of matcha, make matcha icecream and more! Enjoy Japanese green tea using all of your five senses!
- When: Sunday, November 29th 2015, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Cooking room , Gender Equality Promotion Center, 2F Toyota Industry and Culture Center
- Participants: Foreign residents and their Japanese friends who live in and around Toyota City – Maximum number of participants accepted: 20 (adults and children over 6 years old* Children under 6 are not admitted.)
- Contents: ① Short talk on health benefits and brewing techniques of green tea ②Experience grinding the tea leaves with a stone grinder ③Making and tasting a bowl of matcha. ④Tasting different types of Japanese tea. ⑤Tasting rice balls with green tea leaves ⑥Making and tasting of matcha ice cream.
- Guest speaker and instructor: Mr. Yoshitaka Noba, Tea producer/ connoisseur (Tea Assessment Technique Level 6)
- Fee: 500 yen (includes ingredients, same fee for all participants)
- Application: Starts from November 19th 10:00 a.m.
Presented by English Information For Friends (E-IFF), an group of volunteers associated with the Toyota International Association of Toyota city.
They hold many events each year, mostly cooking classes, designed to introduce foreign residents of Japan to the joys of Japanese Cooking!
Points to Note
- Foreign residents who live in and around Toyota City (and their Japanese friends or family are invited to attend. Make sure your friends are signed up too!
- Maximum number of participants accepted: 20 adults (10 year-old and older) *Not available for children under 6.
- Recipes and explanation are available in English and Japanese.
- Bring your own apron and dish cloth.
To participate contact
- Toyota International Association 0565-37-0400 (TIA)
- email@example.com (TIA Volunteer group E-IFF email)
Toyota Sangyo Bunka Center (often in Cooking room, 2F)
(5 minutes walk from Meitetsu Toyota-shi Station)
豊田産業文化センター小坂本町1-25, Toyota, Aichi, Japan 444-2527
View Larger Map
Photo By Adriano "Ro_and_Kama" it.wikipedia [GFDL or CC-BY-SA-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons